- Kripalu Center - Stockbridge, Ma
Learn to teach Let Your Yoga Dance® in and out of chairs to people with special needs: People with Parkinsons, MS, the elderly, people with arthritis, people suffering from depression, people healing from cancer and/ or undergoing chemotherapy. This 5 day training is for body-centered teachers of yoga dance, yoga, bodyworkers, physical therapists, MDs, nurses, special-ed teachers, educators.
Let Your Yoga Dance® Teacher Training for Special Populations will teach you to:
- Serve people who need and want to move their bodies but are hindered due to illness, pain, lack of mobility
- Study, practice, and teach appropriate pranayama-breathing techniques for this population
- Discover creative ways to dance your yoga in chairs and to teach it to your students
- Heighten your sensitivity to the emotional and mental needs of special populations
- Slow down so that your students never feel rushed or pushed
- Work with Balance
- Treat your students with respect and care, promoting dignity and self-confidence
- Increase your music library with appropriate music for your students
- Understand the power that Music has upon the Brain
- Utilize the seven chakras (the energy centers of the body) as a roadmap for your classes
- Increase your own movement vocabulary so you can in turn offer new sequences to your students
- Practice-teach and mentor fellow participants in the dance of yoga
- Facilitate during sharing time after the practice classes
- Practice-teach with visiting special needs students from the Berkshires
- Learn how to stay grounded and not attached to outcome
- Observe your emotions and steady your mind and energy field
- Be sensitive to the unique needs of this population
Note: Tuition includes a manual. In order to receive a diploma, students must take Let Your Yoga Dance Teacher Training, Module 1, either before or after Special Populations training. Please complete and e-mail the health and training information form below prior to the program start date.
An IPOD and a laptop if you have one, or a small CD player. You will receive a CD to practice with on opening night.
57 Interlaken Road
Stockbridge, MA 01262